Thursday, October 15, 2009

French Women Eat Egg White Frittatas






Morning glories!

I was up at o-dark-thirty to go to women's breakfast at the 21 Club where Mireille Guiliano , the author of French Women Don't Get Fat was talking about her new book Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire. I honestly haven't read any of her books yet but I'm looking forward to this one.




Mostly I went away from this breakfast desperately wanting to brush up on my abysmal French before I go to Paris next year.

But she makes an excellent point for work life balance. My current employer talks of this often and that is really all I want in my job - to be able to have a LIFE too. I spent many, many, MANY years traveling for work and though I got to see a lot of the this country and others it kept me from truly living.

I am trying to remedy that now.

She also said that a woman is basically an adolescent till she hits 30s - that your 20s are for learning and your 30s and 40s are for finding out what you are really meant to do.

I better get cracking on that. :)

Breakfast was an egg white frittata with loads of veggies and a spicy red pepper-y sauce. I ate 1 triangle and all of the little tater cake underneath and a mini corn muffin w/a pat of butter, OJ and tea.



It is supposed to get SO NASTY here today weatherwise. It went from fall to winter overnight. I want to go to Zumba but don't want to brave a monsoon to do it. :(

We'll see. Doesn't help that I work in a basement with no concept of the weather till I get up to the lobby and can see it for myself.

Sigh.

Lunch is at the Carlton Hotel. I'll out myself as a food blogger and take pictures if it's not too intrusive. It's just 3 of us so I'm might just have to suck it up!

See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment