Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lasagna

Still out on LI. It's cold and rainy and the perfect day for something warm and comforting.

I decided to make 2 trays of lasagna.

But first I ate this:



Ham and Swiss + mustard on an onion roll

And then had a snack of this:



pretzels and hummus. I had this multiple times throughout the afternoon

Ingredients for lasagna - now keep in mind - this is not something you can make for a single serving. I'm not even going to portion this out - because I really can't tell you my exact measurements. This is close though...

2 tbsp olive oil
3.5 lbs chopped meat
4 cans of tomatoes
3 lbs ricotta
2.5 packages of shredded mozzarella
1 cup parmesan
1/4 cup wine
1/2 a large onion
4 cloves garlic
2 packages of no-cook lasagna noodles
4 eggs
spices: oregano, bay leaves, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper + fresh basil and parsley.










Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil



brown chopped meat....



Gross disgusting oily gunk leftover after browning. I know - so appetizing!



All drained



Add in the tomatoes



Then a little cheese and spices.




Mix the ricotta with parmesan, 4 eggs, fresh parsley, pepper and a ladleful of sauce



Assembly...



The finished product.




My serving.


With salad on the side. I love this set of bowls. My mom and I bought them in Portugal.


And a new delicious 60 calorie dessert - Jell-O Mousse Temptations. I like this even better than the dark chocolate pudding.



If you have specific questions about the recipe let me know. I know I was less than thorough but it's time for bed.

See you in the morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment