Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shrimp Fried Quinoa



Yeah I know. That doesn't sound quite right but bear with me.

So I've talked many times about this crazy mixed up rice of random deliciousness that Jen makes. I had her take pics of it and write out the recipe. Then I lost the recipe and the pics are getting dusty on my hard drive.

One day soon I'll tell you all about it. I promise I will. That mish mosh she created will change your life.

Well maybe not - but close.

I went to the gym and did 40 minutes on the treadmill. Mostly walking but by old trainer starting working out right next to me. I guess I had to prove how hard core I am now so I started running the last minute at 5.5 on a 13.5 incline.

Like he really noticed but anyway.

Then I came home and started dinner.

I defrosted 6 Jumbo shrimp, chopped about a tablespoon of onion and yellow bell pepper. I minced a clove of garlic and chopped a little parsley.




I cooked the quinoa (1/4 cup) in a half a cup of chicken broth. I added some salt, pepper and cayenne.

I sauteed onion and garlic (in about a tbsp of olive oil) then added the shrimp and bell pepper then threw in a handful of frozen edamame, poured in a bit more chicken broth and a generous splash of teriyaki.

Brought it to a boil and then tossed in the quinoa.

Then. I made a well in the middle of it all, cracked an egg and scrambled it all together.




Sounds bizarre I know but let me tell you. Totally hit the spot.

And now I've had enough protein for the next 5 days I'd guess.

It's Saturday, so I had wine too.







Sleep well my bloggy friends. Catch you in the AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment