Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The jerk store called

Honestly. I fancy myself a relatively intelligent person. I've spent 2 years learning how to eat in order to lose weight. You'd think I'd be able to follow a few logical post-surgery suggestions.

Like an intelligent person might say to herself:

"Hey there. Your body is now missing an organ that helped your liver deal with stuff that has fat in it. Maybe you shouldn't eat a lot of fat. Cheese has fat. Butter has fat. Peanut butter? More fat."

I mean it's not rocket science.

Last night I actually felt pretty good. I went easy on dinner - ate bland (if buttery but honestly I didn't use too much) for most of the day. I slept well for the most part.

Then this morning I thought - I'll have an English Muffin with Peanut Butter.



Really? REALLY!?!

I guess it's not the end of the world. I'm working from home this week. I am writing this post on my laptop from bed (which is where I'll basically spend the workday). So all things considered - it's a good time to experiment.

I just want to feel better. And I don't yet. Soooo...it's official. I need to ease up on the fatty stuff. :(

Lunch is going to be leftover salad with chicken. We'll see how that works. Next Wed I'm going to see M to see how to get these last 7 lbs off.

Yep. Just 7. The upside of all this - I'm back to my pre-surgery, pre-carbo loading weight.

Hopefully the doctor will tell me I'm able to exercise (at least in some form) on Friday.

Maybe I'll just keep saying "Zumba. Zumba. Zumba." like a chant to make my wish come true. ;)

According to some people I pretty much do that already anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment