Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

I spent the weekend away from NYC in various locales in NJ and PA.

It was lovely.

I ate a half of this sandwich for 'breakfast' on the bus. Ham and Swiss w/honey mustard.




We went to lunch at sandbar in New Hope, PA.



I had the Grilled Chicken A la Cubana

Marinated chicken breast in “Mojo”, Jack cheese, Apple wood smoked bacon, lettuce tomato, Avocado Spread

I ate about 3/4 and left some of the fries. Twas delicious.




He had Pan con Lechon “Roasted Pork Sandwich"

Slow roasted pork shoulder shredded & served with roasted garlic mayo, Swiss cheese, thinly sliced onion on pressed Cuban bread



Then I made shirmp and asparagus with garlic and oil for dinner. There was a mishap with the bit of crushed red pepper I meant to add. Even with rinsing it off - it was still a tad too hot. But still tasty, so I'm told. :)



Breakfast today became lunch at the Morristown Deli. I caved and ordered a burger. Same deal - ate a little more than half, passed on most of the chips.



I am a sucker for authentic Coca Cola glasses.



I was headachy earlier and I'm not sure the burger was the smartest choice because it didn't sit quite right.

Oh that's right. Gallbladder. Out three weeks ago. I remember now.

Thanks to someone who was willing to carry 4 12 packs of Diet Coke into my apartment, I now have a fridge full of yummy groceries. :)

I'm not sure what dinner will be tonight but I'll keep you posted.

Hope you all had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment