Friday, May 21, 2010

Root, root, root for the home team....

...if they don't win it's a shame!

It's night 1 of the Subway Series here in my fair city. The boys from the Bronx are hanging in Queens to see if they remember how to actually hit and/or win a game.



They'd better.

I know I told you all I'd be back at lunch. Lunch was a handful of pretzels and hummus so...I didn't come back to show you. At around 5:30 I went for a 6 mile walk down by the river.

On this path you'll find a lot of people hanging out. Lots of guys fishing out fishing, (who would eat anything out of the East River? Not moi for sure) little kids on scooters, people playing softball on the fields. I also passed a family who had somehow rolled a full on grill out and were ready to feast.

And it's then that it happened. I started craving hot dogs.

I eat hot dogs in the summer only but I eat them ALL SUMMER LONG. I can't help it.

So I swung by the supermarket on my way home and picked up dinner. Dinner tonight was originally supposed to be leftover pasta primavera. I made way too much the other night. But veggies looked kind of sad and I made it on Sunday so I decided to toss it.

I usually get the Lite hot dogs but all they had were full fat or almost fat free. I picked the latter.




And yeah. I wanted fries. So I got them too.




There was not a green thing is sight today but this is exactly what I wanted to eat.



How do you take your dog? Me? I'm a mustard and ketchup girl.



Tonight I'm going to swith back and forth between the game and Friday Night Lights. I might color my hair and then get to bed at a decent hour. I'm out and on a bus to NJ at 10ish tomorrow morning.

More on that later.

Sleep well. Go Yanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment