Sunday, May 16, 2010

Marathon (or close to it)

In the past 3 days I've walked nearly 24 miles. It's felt great - although my legs are definitely screaming today.




Here's today's total. I keep hoping that all this walking is helping to build up my backside. My legs are great - but that's an area where I'm definitely lacking. I was thinking of getting those Reebox Easy Tone but I've decided to use my Healthy Reward dollars from work towards a new pair of Asics. I think I want these this time. I like the look of the purple.



Of course I could skip this work and just get a pair of Booty Pop. I saw this infomercial last night.

Are you kidding me? It's like padded water bras or those chicken cutlet looking things. What happens when you take them off...with you know...company around??

The weather here today was PERFECT. My first 6 miles were spent walking to/from the Brooklyn Bridge.

I came home and ate a sandwich w/TJ's BBQ PopChips.



Quinoa toast, honey turkey, swiss, spinach, hummus + honey mustard.

A shower and a quick walk later I met Maddy at Kips Bay. We saw Just Wright. I love me some Queen Latifah. You knew how this movie would end the minute it started but it was charming and entertaining all the same. I've heard her speak at a corporate event and she is nothing but charming, humble, grateful and inspiring. Not to mention super talented. Love. her.

All I had at the movies was a Diet Coke. When Maddy wanted an iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts after I somehow ended up with a small soft serve vanilla ice cream cone from Baskin Robbins.

It happened so fast I couldn't even take a picture. :) It was delicious. The perfect thing on a day like today.

A walk to the LES Whole Foods had me coming home with a bag full of fruit and veggies. And some cheese and a small loaf of organic French bread.

Which became my evening snack (with the addition of some hummus).



I cannot wait to go to Paris. I have said this before but pain au chocolat for breakfast and wine and cheese in the afternoon is all I will need to be happy. This is Kerrygold Dubliner - my favorite cheddar ever.

Lemon Pepper Pasta Primavera with chicken is on the menu for dinner tonight. Stay tuned for pics and a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment