Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mex I Can!

Good Afternoon all. What a beautiful day out, I think I'm going to go for a run at the local high school track later. Hopefully there is no track meet, lacrosse game or annoying people at the track who try to strike up a conversation as I pass them.

Now on to the real exciting stuff. I made guacamole the other day and took some pictures. (side note this taking pictures of everything you eat is a bit annoying and my dog barks at me every time I take a picture) Anyway I think my guacamole is pretty BA (badass). The key to good guacamole is ripe avocados. If they aren't ripe enough they don't mash well at all.

** Tip: If you need to ripen avocados in a hurry put them in a brown paper bag for a while. Its speeds up the ripening.







I then add some onion, jalapenos (removing the seeds they is hot, ya'll) and a plum tomato- all chopped.


Then I add fresh lime juice. In this batch which was three large avocados I put the juice of a lime and a half. I like lime a lot so you may want to add less. Then I put in some kosher salt, cracked black pepper, garlic powder and cumin. Mix it all together and enjoy.

I put some of the guacamole on the black bean burger I had for lunch. I made these burgers a while ago and froze a bunch. The recipe is from Sandra Lee.


The black bean burgers are good but without some sort of condiment they are what my Grandfather would call "dry as a fart" Ketchup or mustard doesn't work, the guacamole goes perfectly.

Krissy had some soup for lunch and more Ritz crackers.

Be be back later with some dinner deliciousness.

2 comments:

  1. no cilantro or scallions for the guac??? i always use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I no like cilantro so I don't put in. I never tried scallions in it.

    ReplyDelete