Saturday, November 28, 2009

Giving Thanks



We had a very low key Thanksgiving here - just me, my mom, dad and sister were here for dinner. Very unusual for us. It was nice though - if quiet.

There was no shortage of good food that's for sure.

2009 has not been particularly kind to us around these parts but there is still plenty to be thankful for. I'm thankful first and foremost for my amazing family and wonderful friends. I'm thankful that this year instead of worrying what on earth would fit me I went for a run. I'm thankful to still be gainfully employed. I'm thankful for singing - even though I complain about the endless practice. I'm thankful for this blog because I really do think it's helped keep me going with this whole healthy lifestyle thing. It's hard to lie to yourself when you're sharing (nearly) every morsel you eat.

Overall...as I mentioned on my birthday a few months ago...I don't have everything in the world that I want but I certainly have everything I need. And that is definitely something I'm thankful about.

I'm also thankful for home.











And I'm thankful for such an amazing meal.

We started with a little appetizer.



Extra Sharp Cheddar and Monteray Jack with Granny Smith's, Breadsticks, Pretzels and Pretzel Thins

and a little wine...




Mmmm. Turkey.



String Beans...



Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Shallots...



Stuffing and Garlic Mashed...



Turnip (ick!) and Asparagus (YUM!)...



And more wine...



My plate...




Jen made a delicious chocolate chip pie for dessert. She cut the recipe in half.







Half with walnuts - because I'm a PITA and like my chocolate chip pie plain...



we skipped Paula's suggested whipped cream topping and served it a la mode...



Delicious.

All in all a lovely day full of good food and the people I love. Not a bad way to spend a day. It's a definite reminder to just...

No comments:

Post a Comment