Friday, November 6, 2009

The other white meat

I eat a lot of chicken. A lot of chicken. This is not to say I don't like or eat read meat because I definitely do but chicken or shrimp are my go to proteins for the most part.

One year for my birthday (which falls over Labor Day typically) I had a party. I had about 10 or so friends over. And I asked my parents to serve baked breaded pork chops. I think I was about 8 or 9 years old.

Maybe it was just my inner foodie coming out at a very young age - who knows? All I knew is that I wanted to serve pork chops and pork chops I did serve.

Well, my mom and dad did but you know what I mean.

I still love them an ungodly amount.

I couldn't get my act together enough today to make a decent lunch so I had the very last of the mac and cheese and peas leftovers...



Then I went to the gym and ran for 2 miles. I typically run at 5.5 but today I ran at 5.5 for 8 or so minutes then pushed it to 5.6 then 6.0 for the last 2 minutes. I can always tell I'm getting a good workout because my hands are dripping wet. They were soaked today.

Weird I know.

I never said I wasn't weird.

Before I left I breaded a pork chop using this:



Then baked it and a small red potato for 30 or so minutes and I roasted a little bit of broccoli on the side.

Add sour cream and there you go.




I had a Diet Coke in one of my favorite glasses - they are baseball themed in honor of the Yankee ticker tape parade today.



I bought them at Fishs Eddy which is a super cool housewares store in the city. I don't think they carry these ones anymore but they have some new patterns that look fun too.



One day I'll show you my hula girl glasses. They're super cute.

And all of the sudden I'm channelling Kelly Kapoor.

Dessert was a Reese's that I smuggled home in my purse on Halloween night. I cannot believe in the state I was in I was still able to get my hands on some chocolate.



Or wait...maybe I can.

Look at him - all smushed up.



Still tasted good though!!



Tomorrow it's time for a massive cleaning of this shoebox I live in. It's been a shambles for weeks and I can't take it anymore. I'm going to Zumba first and then it's time to fill up big plastic garbage bags galore.

I really, really mean it.

Hope you enjoy your Friday evening and that it's more exciting than mine.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment