Friday, November 13, 2009

Nowhere to go but down

I weighed in today and for the first time since October 2008 I was up.

by .6 :(

I am fully aware that I can't even count this as a true gain. It's less than a pound. I'm still in my goal 'decade'. But it made me a little bit sad.

Sad - but by no means defeated. I ate ice cream and risotto last night. I can't be too surprised.

I just want to keep the momentum going downward you know??

I went to the gym early and ran for 22 minutes with a 2 min warm up and 8 min cool down.

I'm running faster and for more solid chunks now. I started at 5.8 today and ended at 6.2. I'm moving from a 10 min mile average into 9 or so.

Who would have thought?

Then I hit TJs the moment it opened.



Bananas, Pita Chips, BBQ PopChips, Basil, Parsley, Apple, Lemon, Tomatoes, English muffins, Cheddar Cheese, Dark Chocolate Edamame



Boccaccini, Broccoli, Potatoes, Parmigianno Reggiano, Sweet Peppers, Chopped Meat, Baby Spinach, Diced Tomatoes w/Chilis, Black Beans, Marinara Sauce, Salsa, Tomato Paste, Jumbo Shrimp



Gnocchi, Asparagus Risotto




Naan, Edamame




Chocolate



Mmmm. Bacon.



Whole Wheat Tortillas

(I'm stating the obvious with some of these things aren't I??? Sorry!!)

And then a stop at the regular old store (BORING!) but I am brand loyal - sometimes to a fault. Anyone have any suggestions for things pictured here that you think are better? Inquiring minds want to know. I bought the pasta because I rarely see whole grain pasta in anything but thin spaghetti or penne. I love these mini-shells.

I don't think I'll find a hummus I like better than Cedar's but you can try and convince me!!



Lunch today - turkey and swiss and spinach on a wrap with honey mustard and BBQ PopChips on the side (TJ's version).



And that's that. I'm so ready for the weekend you have no idea. Dinner is going to be some kind of pasta I think.

I'm going to go pamper myself a bit in a few.

The good news is I don't weigh in again till after Thanksgiving. Time to work off this mini gain and turkey dinner!

4 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up!!! Look how far you have come! Life is too short to feel too badly about .6 lbs.

    You will continue to do wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jocie. :) I know. I'm just kind of mad still!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Multi-grain Cheerios. Compare the nutrition facts to see if they're as good and then you could try the multi-grain ones if you want an occasional change. They have a bit of a sugar coating, but theyre yummy and a bit different.

    For pasta, I go with Ronzoni Smart Taste. It's "delicious white pasta plus 3X the fiber," according to the box. I've only found them in spaghetti, rotini, and penne, but the taste is a lot better than the whole grain, to me. Also, my kids wouldn't touch the whole grain, but love this.

    The ingredients: Semolina (Wheat), Durum Flour (Wheat), Modified Wheat Starch [okay, maybe your nutritionist will say that's bad, I have no idea], Calcium Phosphate, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Nomonitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.

    Nutrition Facts for a 2 ounce serving: 1 g fat, 0 g saturated, 0g trans fat; 0 g cholesterol; 5 mg sodium; 43 g total carb; 6 g dietary fiber, 1 g sugars; 6 g protein.

    Nutrition facts are pretty similar to Barilla Whole Grain, which again, my kids refuse to eat and I prefer not to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kev - I've tried the Multi-grain Cheerios - I didn't really like them any more than the regular and the extra sugar made little sense to me. I'd rather grab some mini-wheats or something if I wanted more sugar. I love those Plus pastas as well. Makes me feel better about eating 'white' foods.

    Whole grain pasta doesn't bother me at all. I know there is a difference - but I don't taste it so much anymore.

    ReplyDelete