Thursday, July 23, 2009

Back to work

I'm back in the office finally and for the first time in a week wearing heels and actual work clothes instead of flip flops and a beach cover up.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. :)

Breakfast: Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin w/peanut butter:



Snack: Cashews, almonds, peanuts and dark chocolate endamame



No exercise so far today (save for the walk to work). I have Zumba tonight and am really looking forward to it.

Oh...so I was going to talk about Jillian's Master Your Metabolism. I still love her (even though she made my arms hurt), I think she has a definite point about eating mostly organic, whole foods. I've been trying to do a lot of that already. I do think that the amount of chemicals and anti-biotics we pump into our food (and that we end up ingesting) is harmful. I've read all the research on heating and eating things that were stored in plastic.

I really do believe all of that.

But I also live in a world where I have a job that takes me on the road often (Well. It used to. Not so much any more). I can't always make my own food and can't always find healthy options. Plus - I fully admit I'm a pretty picky eater. I like a lot of things - but I like them the way I like them.

So. I don't know. I don't think I can be as strict or regimented as Jillian would like me to be but I think there is a lot that I will take away from what I've read. I'm going to try and be more conscious of the types of foods I buy. I'm going to look for any of the signs she lists in the book of hormone imbalance and then go from there.

And I am going to try and wean myself off of Diet Coke.

Maybe.

Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment