Monday, July 27, 2009

I found a bug underneath my couch.

Let me explain something. If there were ever a time I found out I was sharing my apartment with a creature (or creatures) with more than two legs I'd have to move.

You think I'm kidding but there is no way I could still live here.

My apartment is a studio. It has high ceilings, lots of closet and cabinet space but there is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

As I have mentioned ad nauseum, I am doing a deep clean of my humble abode. Tonight I rearranged my kitchen cabinets, found out I could live on the contents of my freezer for about a month (I really only need to by fresh produce) and had the bright idea to move my couch.

The other day I found one flip flop under my couch, covered in dust. I knew it's mate had to be under there too so tonight I did a sweep with the Swiffer and there he was - this big ass roachy like creature. A Palmetto bug for sure.

I'm choosing to believe this. A few times when I have traveled to Florida I've brought these guys back with me. I really have never seen nasty insects in my apartment in the 5 years I've lived here. No where in the kitchen or anywhere else. So I'm choosing to believe this guy was a stowaway from my trip to Miami or my trips to Naples and Orlando last year and met his demise under my couch.

And that is yet another reason I seriously need a guy around here. I was not built to deal with insects.

I am so close to the apartment of my dreams I can taste it. I need to drop stuff off at the thrift store, sort through my books, toss out the 15 cell phone charges I found that do not work with my current phone or blackberry and dust my furniture and then I'm done. I'll also have to keep my apartment clean. I'm good about the kitchen and bathroom but I slack on the vacuuming and cleaning the hardwood floors.

Dinner, as promised, was leftover chicken chili.



Yummy, yummy. I added the other half of the baked sweet potato I made the other night and topped it with some light sour cream and shredded extra sharp cheddar.



Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than a home after a deep clean. I need to do it as well and I think that you have inspired me. Also - that chicken chili looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really isn't. It's an instant way to wake up stress free. It sucks to have to do it but it feels so good when you are done. I'm really trying to take better pictures (I want to take a photography course)and found some tips recently. It was - I have to say - as delicious as it looks!

    ReplyDelete