Friday, July 31, 2009

Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes

I love working from home. I was kind of lethargic today, still getting back into the swing after the debauchery of Wednesday night.

I ate a repeat of Wednesdays dinner for lunch:



This is 1 cup of Rice A Roni, 1 panko breaded chicken tender and about 2 tbsp of peas.

There were thunderstorms this afternoon and I debated staying in and just doing Level 1 of the 30-Day Shred but I sucked it up and went out and dragged myself to the gym. I ran for 15 then walked for 5 then ran for 10. Then I started dinner.



Earlier I ran to the grocery store and bought some boccaccini and some fresh whole wheat pasta. I added it to my roasted grape tomatoes. I heated up some of the roasted garlic with some olive oil, 1 ladle full of pasta water, a dash of red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.



The basil in the store looked awful so I must confess. I ripped a good bunch off and shoved it in the bag with the parsley. Please don't report me to the authorities.



Light and so delicious. It was a great dinner.



Dessert was a glass of skim milk with Hershey's Special Dark syrup and Newman's Chocolate Alphabet Cookies.





For anyone who is around - just wanted to say that posting will be sporadic over the weekend. My Grammar school friends are coming to town - I'm relocating to a hotel about 30 blocks away for tomorrow night. I am going to bring my Blackberry at least to try and get some decent pictures of my meals out tomorrow.

But I'll definitely be checking in tomorrow morning pre-Zumba.

Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment