Monday, July 6, 2009

I had flounder for dinner....

...but you can't see it because my computer did this weird thing and the pictures are gone. :(

I made a variation of this recipe once before and honestly it works better with non frozen veggies I think.

I basically took a piece of flounder (it was huge - you'll see the other half as a sandwich for lunch tomorrow), added green onions, garlic, lemon and Italian style Panko breadcrumbs* and put it on a bed of asparagus. I filled the bottom of a casserole dish with white wine and baked it for 35 min or so at 375.

But...you can't see it.

I had Parmesan zucchini and squash on the side. You've seen that before but here it is again:



And for dessert - a little Jell-O.





I know. You're sitting there going - thanks Krissy. I had no idea what Jell-O pudding looked like. Way to take away the mystery.

I went to the gym before dinner and ran for 35 minutes. Yeah. You heard me. Please note I was there for 63 minutes total and the other time was spent walking but I did 3 10 min intervals and 1 5 min at the very end.

Am I really a runner???

I weigh in tomorrow - I'm not expecting much. I ate all I wanted over the weekend and had more than a little wine but we'll see.

I'll take any loss I can.

*I was SHOCKED to start reading the breadcrumbs package and see what they put in them. Waaay too many ingredients to be good for you. How is making breadcrumbs so hard? But the panko list is blessedly short.

2 comments:

  1. I tried to make the asparagus/flounder dish (you'd described it elsewhere) but mine wasn't particularly good. It was edible, but that's about it. It might be that I had two skinny little pieces of flounder (it came in individually frozen filets from BJs) instead of a big fat piece like you were mentioning.

    It did get me on an asparagus kick, though. Spread fresh asparagus in a pan with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven at 425 degrees about 3 minutes. Shake the pan to turn over the spears, roast until tender, 2 - 3 minutes more. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roasted asparagus is my absolute fave.

    My first attempt at this was fantastic. Tonight was a tad watery. The fish was good - but the asparagus suffered.

    Maybe it's better that my computer was wonky and the picture didn't transfer!

    ReplyDelete