Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Home Again

It is so good to be home. Have I said that enough yet? Well it's true.

I am going to the gym today but thus far have not been motivated enough to make it happen. I'm thinking lunchtime would be good - I don't want to wait for the after work crowd to get there.

Last night I ran out and grabbed a few fresh veggies and decided on pasta.

Spicy Shrimp and Veggie Pasta in Garlic and Oil

Ingredients:





Barilla Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti (2 servings)
1/2 red bell pepper (julienned)
1 head of broccoli (steamed)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
6 medium shrimp
1 tbsp onion (chopped)
1/4 cup white wine
A sprinkle of Italian Seasoning and Crushed Red Pepper
1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
S+P to taste

First I sauteed the garlic and onion.




Then added the pepper & shrimp & seasonings - deglazed with white wine.



Then tossed in the broccoli.



Tossed it with pasta, drizzled a bit more olive oil + salt and pepper to taste.



I have another serving as leftovers for dinner tonight.

This morning I had an egg sandwich with cheese.



Just fried an egg over easy in nonstick spray.



Added 2 pieces of cheese and a sandwich thin, browned it in a skillet with a tsp of canola butter.



Delicious.

Man those pics took forever to upload. Off to the gym for an hour. Be back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment