Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dim (and then) Sum

I was supposed to be on LI tonight. I had plans to take the 3:26 outta town but the weather did not cooperate. It was raining buckets when I was heading out so I decided to wait and travel tomorrow.

When they PROMISE there will not be rain.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I did a little cleaning of the fridge earlier and I really didn't want to cook. And then I remembered that I have my TJ stash in the freezer.

I was Snacky McSnackerson earlier today. I had - at various times - pretzels and hummus, almonds and cashews and a handful of chocolate edamame.

PS - If you haven't had that - you're missing something.

So anyway this was my dinner.



and some of these too:



Cooked according to package directions and topped with a little low sodium soy and scallions.



(sidenote: these are my favorite bowls. They are handmade chowder bowls from Chilmark Pottery. I have two of them. If you are ever on Martha's Vineyard you need to go.)

And as it is officially a holiday weekend now - a glass of this on the side:



I'm helping my friend paint her apartment tomorrow (umm...never done that before - should be interesting) so posting might be sporadic. I'll post at breakfast and then definitely catch you tomorrow night.

On Saturday I'll try and post my bruschetta recipe. It's the perfect thing to bring to a barbecue. Healthy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment