Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Minor Tragedy Averted

I got to work, sat at my desk, pulled out my breakfast and was sitting here logging onto my computer happy as a clam.

And then I realized I'd forgotten to take a picture.

So here you go:



What was left of a Whole Grain Sandwich Thin w/a tablespoon of Skippy.

Whew. That was a close one.

I am so ready for the holiday weekend. I switched my work from home day to tomorrow so I can leave to go out to LI again. Friday I am helping my friend paint her apartment and the rest of the weekend will be spent poolside I think.

I also really need to get my act together to pack for Miami. I know I've been complaining about the weather and I know it's going to be so hot down there but I really cannot wait.

I'm also trying to clean out my fridge before I leave - which is going to be tough since I only have about 3 days at home before I go but I'm really hopeful I can do it.

I also realized this morning that I apparently buy a tub of Cedars Hummus (why do they spell it Hommus though?) every single time I walk into a grocery store. I have 3 unopened in my fridge right now.

Good thing it doesn't go bad quickly - and that I eat it like it's going out of style.

I went to the gym this morning because if it rains again (like it poured on the walk home last night) the last thing I want to do is get changed and go to the gym. I did about 45 min/3 miles of the random program on level 20. I think I'll do a run tomorrow.

While on the treadmill I was reading this article in Shape about this woman they are following as she loses weight and she was talking about going shopping for new clothes - especially those for the gym.

I have thrown out nearly everything that is too big on me (I will never ever again wear those elastic waist black pants from NY&Co. EVER.) but I still have some extremely baggy gym clothes.

I used to pretend I didn't care how I looked at the gym (and I still mostly don't) but I do think how you appear on the outside makes a difference as to how you feel on the inside.

Or maybe I just like having an excuse to buy new clothes.

Either or.

Kidding aside - I really do think I need to get new running shoes.

If anyone out there has any suggestions I'm all ears!

My lunch is a repeat of yesterday (minus the PopChips). It's not much more exciting than my breakfast today so later I think I'll post my little story instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment