Thursday, July 30, 2009

Comfort Food

So.

Let me give you a recap.

This is how my night was supposed to go.

I got home after a walk in the pouring rain. My dress was saturated. It was like a movie - a car drove past and splashed me with water so that the entire skirt of the dress was soaked. I got home and hung it up to dry.



Then I had a little snack.



Note: Sabra's Roasted Garlic Hummus has NOTHING on Cedar's Garlic Lovers. Seriously. I'm addicted to that stuff.

Then I decided to make dinner using these things:





Panko breaded chicken w/Rice A Roni and some peas.

Here's where it went downhill.

I had a glass of wine with dinner. Then another. I was relaxing when my friend/coworker called and asked if I wanted to go for a drink.

So...I went. For a few drinks.

I wasn't going to go. I was going to just have 2 glasses of wine at home and go to bed but I sort of felt that going out spur of the moment would be a good thing. It's the kind of thing I should be doing. I'm also finally at a place where going out in public isn't prefaced by a near meltdown trying to find something to wear that makes me look thin(ner).

And for the most part it was fun but this morning I have a headache, and I didn't work out and I just don't like the way I feel.

There's no problem with celebrating or indulging. I just sometimes have trouble striking a balance. I'm kind of either all or nothing lately. I need to find a middle ground.

I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment