Monday, September 14, 2009

21

I went to an event tonight at the 21 Club.

I like it there. It's so old school. The waiters are all little old men who look like they've been there since Prohibition. The service is great and it sort of takes you back to another era.

As someone who is currently obsessed with Mad Men it's a fun time.

Not fun? Trying to avoid the matron in the Ladies Room because you ran out of singles so you have to run the 30 blocks home because you have to pee.

Sense a trend here? I always think I can wait when I clearly can't. I've been like this since I was little. Ridiculous.

Anyway - my pics are pretty bad. My Blackberry is out of juice and using a full on camera is a bit too conspicuous. I used my regular ol' cell for these pictures.

Multiply the following by two.



Fresh turkey on a roll w/brie, jumbo shrimp, a mini cheeseburger. The second plate's pic came out really blurry but it had a mini pulled pork slider, more shrimp, a hunk of parmesan, some carved roast beef and a crostini with more brie.



The wine was chardonnay. I am a Chenin Blanc or Pinot Grigio girl by nature but this was ice cold and light and dry - not terribly oaky. It was delish. I made myself stop at 2 glasses.



And one dark chocolate raspberry truffle for dessert.

Long day tomorrow - time for bed for me. Have a loverly evening one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment