Saturday, September 26, 2009

Carbo loading

Today's yoga instructor was more upbeat and fun - I definitely liked this class better than the one last week.

I also did an L shaped handstand!

Is that any sort of a big deal? It felt like one for me.

I'm still so curious as to how many calories I actually burn though. I was sweating and working pretty hard - but it's so different than cardio I can't tell.

Anyway - I walked home and was craving a bagel. In an effort to not become a puddle while drinking fermented grapes I am taking precautions.

I stopped at Pick-A-Bagel and got a whole wheat with light scallion cream cheese:



I ate the entire thing - with about a 1/4 cup of the cream cheese taken off in the end.

My pre-party dinner was going to be dumplings/pot stickers but I am totally out of soy sauce. I raided the freezer and came up with these:



These are tasty but a word of warning. The package has a whopping 20 grams of fat. I saved one, added some spinach and a tablespoon or so of light sour cream.

I also cooked them in the oven rather than the microwave. I don't like to actually cook things in the microwave much. Steaming...sure. But if it's something I can put in the oven I much prefer it.



I need to now straighten up both myself and this apartment and then head out to the party.

Happy Saturday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment