Thursday, September 17, 2009

The September Issue (Also: Duane Reade is ridiculous!)

Breakfast this morning is the same ol' same ol so I think I'll tell you about dinner/last night instead.

My friends and I went to see The September Issue a documentary about the closing of the 2007 September Issue of Vogue. Anna Wintour - Vogue's Editor-in-Chief is said to be the inspiration for The Devil Wears Prada.

I wear more Banana Republic than Rock & Republic but I still appreciate fashion.

And though I'm not and never will be model thin (or tall for that matter) I can at least fit into some designer clothes now.

Even if I can't afford them.

We started with pre-movie dinner and drinks at Benjamin. I liked this place. I'd never been there before.

I had 2 of these:



And one of these:



And I enjoyed every last bite. Why do they give you raw onion when you order your burger w/sauteed onions though??

Anyway - I found the movie fascinating. Grace Coddington - Vogue's Creative Director is a freaking genius. She's like a fashion savant. I have a whole new appreciation for fashion as art now. She's also funny as hell.

Today is my Friday - since I am off tomorrow. I'm going out to LI to get my hair done. I know. I live in Manhattan but I have not found anyone who does my hair better than the place I went to on LI. Plus I am going shopping for new clothes. I wore capris yesterday that hit my ankles. NOT CUTE.

Zumba tonight plus the premiere of a certain NBC show. I'm like a HS girl on Prom Night.

Such. A. Dork.

PS: I tried to buy Diet Coke again today and Duane Reade STILL doesn't have shopping bags. WTF? I think it's a ploy to not allow people to take advantage of the sale. Honestly. I was mean to the poor cashier today and left my stuff and walked out but really...it's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment