Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yoga + Pizza (and some other stuff)

Happy Emmys everyone! I adore Neil Patrick Harris and he's hosting this year. I'm hopeful that he'll be able to make the more boring moments enjoyable.

I started the day with something light. The fried food I ended the night with yesterday wasn't the best thing for me. So I had a whole wheat English muffin with a little unsalted butter.



Then at 9 am I headed to TJs to stock up.




At 11 I tried yoga and I loved it. I have taken a few classes before but never religiously. I love savasana. I know that there are other benefits to yoga but part of why I decided to try it is that I really struggle to simply let everything go. My head sometimes just can't stop spinning. I went to Laughing Lotus because my friend Andrea looked up yoga in NYC and liked the name. It was a very soothing place and not too intimidating. I'm looking forward to going back. I have to take 2 more classes in the next 30 days. I think this might be my new Sunday workout. It's a great way to start the week. I have an old DVD somewhere around that I might try and do a few times a week so that I can build myself up a bit. I'm trying yoga mostly for some strength training. My legs are fine - my arms and back and core need work.

My dad sent me home with some chicken chili the other day so that's what I had for lunch. He makes awesome chili.



I just added a little light sour cream and extra sharp cheddar.

And now - meet my new nemesis.



Seriously. WTF Reese's? It's not right. I portioned them out but still. I don't need something else chocolate and delicious. I'm good.

In case you're interested - here's a sneak peek at the clothes I bought the other day. I got some things that I was intending - and a few that I wasn't planning on at all.

I was looking for basics mostly - and some cooler weather things. I went to Banana Republic, Lord and Taylor and The Gap. Please keep in mind that I live in NYC. I'm obligated by law to wear neutrals and black.

From Banana - this sweater...



This top...



And a basic pair of black trousers.



From The Gap a skirt (size 10!)



I don't have a lot of casual tops to wear so I got this to go with jeans. All these new tops are a size medium.

This is a HUGE deal. I was wearing XXL last year.



I bought two of these sweaters. They're light - so they will be perfect for the fall.



Now here are the wild cards. The first dress made me feel very mod and 60s. Again - perfect with my current Mad Men obsession. I got this Michael Kors dress off the sale rack. It's the most comfortable thing I've ever worn. I could put a turtleneck under it in the winter and wear it with tights.



And my mom had me try on this next dress. I do like zebra and leopard print but I typically just wear those patterns on my feet. This dress was shown with a black cardigan and a wide belt. I'm definitely planning on calming it down with a cardigan for sure. It's wool so it'll take me into the winter. This is me going out on a limb. Hopefully I can pull it off.



Dinner tonight was courtesy of Trader Joe's. I got a tomato and pesto flatbread and added a little bit of fresh mozzarella, some fresh basil and some slices of tomato.





It was de-licious. I've got half left over for another time.

So that's my weekend. You're all caught up now. :) Tomorrow I might go to the gym in the evening instead of the morning. We'll see how I feel. I'm already feeling sore from yoga today.

Sleep well. Cross your fingers for The Office!! Who the hell watches Two and a Half Men anyway?!? I know plenty of people do but I do not get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment