Sunday, September 27, 2009

Birthdays and Brunch

Some weekends I have nothing to do. This weekend I was a busy bee.

I went to a birthday party last evening and had a most wonderful time.

Case in point - I got there at about 8 PM and this is what time I got home.



My friend Maddy is a lovely hostess and put out quite a spread. Take a gander.







I had some wine and a little bit of everything pictured above. Delicious.

My friend Carrie made the birthday cake a la Julia Child. It was chocolate almond rum deliciousness.







They we played a round of Celebrity which is always a good time.




I slept till almost 9 and then made a bacon and cheese omlette with roasted potatoes on the side.





I went to the gym and ran 2 miles. Then my mom and my Aunt Mary picked me up to take me to a belated birthday brunch at Sweet Melissa in Brooklyn.




It was amazing.

There's the bake shop and the restaurant. We had to wait for a table so we went to the shop first.



How cute is this cake?



My mom bought me this to bring home. Pricey - but I cannot wait to eat it. I intend to take a few bites at a time to make it last.



Then there was lunch.



Garden Vegetable Chowder
With a tomato and vegetable stock (vegetarian)
The Tuscan
Roasted chicken breast, fresh goat cheese, roasted red peppers, roasted eggplant and homemade basil pesto. Served with green salad.


And dessert (split 2.5 ways. My mom didn't eat much of it)



Valrhona chocolate Brownie Sundae
Sweet M's Valrhona chocolate brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, homemade Valrhona hot fudge & freshly whipped cream


I loved being in Brooklyn. It's so neighborhoody and chill. If I had to choose any other place to live in NYC I'd pick Cobble Hill or Carroll Gardens I think. I'm going to try and spend more time there.

Fall is definitely here. It's chilly and damp. Today is the kind of day you just want to stay inside. I'm going to run to the store really quick and then make some pasta sauce.

And the Yanks just clinched the AL East title. Not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment