Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11/09

Eight years ago I was in Hawaii. I was there for work - oddly enough - and was supposed to fly home on Tuesday. Obviously that did not happen. It was Saturday by the time I was in NY again.

Being so far away from home was one of the strangest things about that day. I remember wondering how in the world life could possibly go on. I won't ever forget but today (though every time I thought about the date we picked it gave me pause) I'm going out to dinner with my friends for a belated birthday celebration. Even as the daughter of a firefighter I was incredibly lucky 8 years ago today. My thoughts and prayers are with those who were not as fortunate.

*****

My feet are killing me. I ran a few quick errands this morning and my feet held up OK in my sneakers but I'm not sure what to do. I have the 5k on Sunday and don't want to be in tears as I try to run. I might try and do a quick 20 min on the treadmill later today and then take it easy again tomorrow. I weigh in on Monday. I want to see a loss so zero exercise is out of the question.

Humph. This does not ever get any easier.

Breakfast was this:



Whole wheat English w/cheddar

I have a webcast in about an hour and a half that'll last all day long. Then drinks before dinner - starting at about 6 PM.

It's going to be a looooong night.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment