Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Perfect Day (and the one after that)



Yesterday was perfect. I had the most wonderful day.

It started at the gym. I did a quick 2.5 miles. Then I walked to the train and ended up here:



We had tickets to Arthur Ashe so we got to watch two matches featuring Venus Williams...




...and Rafael Nadal.




I ate a grilled chicken sandwich whose picture got eaten as I was playing with my new camera. Then to appease the kiddies (and me!) I had some ice cream.



Mmmmmmmint Chocolate Chip!

Then I had the "Official Cocktail of the US Open". A "Honey Deuce".



Grey Goose, Chambord & lemonade with a honeydew melon garnish. It was really yummy.

And I'm just going to say it. I love having a drink in the middle of the afternoon. It makes me feel decadent. This is why brunch is one of my favorite things ever.

The weather was so beautiful. Afterwards I went out to LI and had dinner with my parents and sister at my favorite place. The service is bad, the food is good and the view is exceptional.





Pinot Grigio x 2





My dad ordered wings. I had one.




I ordered an East Roll (shrimp, avocado and cucumber). I had all but 3 pieces - my dad had the rest.





Here's another example of me playing with my new camera. Weird flash action. My dinner. A Lobster Roll. I ate 1/2 plus all the fries.



No dessert. Too stuffed, too exhausted. I walked all day and most of that time I was carrying the cutest 4 year old or the cutest 2 year old on the planet. I ended up at this many miles.




This morning I made myself a bagel sandwich. Ham and Swiss with a bit of mustard on a bagel. Again with the camera issues!!




I shared some of it with this cute thing:



Then I took the train back to the city because I worked from home today (ALL DAY compiling the world's most tedious report. UGH!) I had the lobster from the other half of my sandwich for lunch over arugula with a piece of chive bread and butter.





I think I've got the hang of my new camera now. I hope!

So that's the (lengthy) recap. Dinner will be leftovers. I'm thinking ravioli as I'm feeling slothy. No exercise save the walk from the train and to the store today. I'm off again tomorrow - with a 9:30 am doctor's appointment. I'm sad the summer is over but so excited for the long weekend.

See you in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment