Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Two Ways

Happy Wednesday to you.

I'm home - until about 3:30 when I venture to the office. My neighborhood never ceases to amaze me. Today, the three times I ventured outside (1. to run an errand 2. to the gym 3. to M's to weigh in) there was heavy duty construction equipment littering my block. The street is blocked off - guys are dragging lengths of pipes and hoses - there is a 4 ft wide and 2 ft deep trench spanning almost the entire block right now.

And it's actually quiet. Go figure. :\

First things first. I weighed in and I'm down another pound. That puts me at 59 lbs lost now. I have another post I want to write about weight loss and how different life feels at this weight than when I was 59 lbs heavier.

Anyway - as much as I was looking for 2 lbs lost this week I can't help but feel pretty great. :)

Dinner was eaten last night prior to chorus rehearsal.



I rarely eat regular pasta anymore but my one biggest complaints is that there is just not enough variety in pasta shapes with whole wheat. You can get thin, rotini and penne for the most part.

Sometimes I just like fun curly pasta.

This morning I ran out to Trader Joe's to stock up a little. I got some nice Dover Sole that you'll see in the coming days for sure, some fresh veggies, chocolate edamame, cheese and English muffins.



Which is what I had for breakfast.

Wednesday lunches - as I think I've said before - I like to be warm and filling. I typically would not use meat sauce as pizza topping but I did today. I used 2 TJ's pitas and went to town. Added some fresh mozzarella, part skim ricotta and parmesan too.



These next two weeks are going to be an experiment of sorts - mostly because I am p-oo-r already and I just got paid. Next month my rent goes DOWN so I'll have a bit of a cushion. My bonus from last month got taxed like crazy and I got new clothes, new hair, and paid off a few debts so the start of October is going to be a little rocky. I think I can do it though. I've got plenty of food in the freezer and pantry, I've gotten my produce at TJs so it's less expensive. There won't be much going out - but I have tickets to the NY Food & Wine Festival already so I have that to look forward to next week.

We'll see if I can actually pull it off. Being financially responsible is a lot like losing weight. Going into debt and gaining weight stress me out to no end. Getting out of debt was a huge factor in my losing weight this time I'm completely convinced. I ate because I was stressed, I slept poorly, I felt bad about myself and my situation and used every excuse not to work out or eat well.

I'm so glad I'm not there anymore.

Not sure what I'm doing for dinner tonight. Maybe something on the lighter side.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment