Friday, September 25, 2009

Finally Friday

I don't know exactly why - but I'm really happy to see this week come to a close.

I started today at the gym. If I'm going to keep doing this running thing (and potentially try a 10k sometime soon) I've decided I should look into some of the training methods for long distance running.

Please be aware that at this point in time I have absolutely zero desire to run even a half marathon.

A Zumba marathon? Maybe. ;)

I tried the Galloway method today. According to the website I should run 3 miles and walk 1. I did that for 20 minutes today (pretty much - I ran the last full 5 minutes and even sprinted for the last 2) with walking 5 min as a warm up and 5 min cool down. I ended up just under 3 miles.

Before? I had this:



One egg, poached on 1/2 a whole wheat English. The other half toasted with unsalted butter. Eaten separately.

Not sure what I want for lunch today. I just had a few cashews as a snack and I'm not terribly hungry. We'll see what I feel like having in a bit.

Weekend plans thus far are as follows: I'm going to a movie screening tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to try the 10 am yoga class then possibly meet my mom and her friend around lunchtime. Tomorrow night is celebratory cocktails with friends. Sunday is a belated birthday brunch with my mom, aunt and sister.

Fun all around!

2 comments:

  1. Krissy.. I LOVE the Galloway method for running. I've been doing his theory for about 6 years now and I will never ever go back. It easier on my hips, I never get tired at the end and who doesn't love a declared walk break-I do 5 min run and then 1 min walk. There is a Timex watch with an interval setting for this type of thing- Let me know if you want anymore feedback. Thad was all negative and then he tried it when we ran the San Diego marathon and he's never gone back! -jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack!!

    You know I thought I might hate it. I have this thing that if I don't run for an extended period straight through I'm not really working out - but it really was great. I'm going to give it a shot. It's very similar to what Jen did when she was training for the 5k. Next time you are in NY we should try and run together. Can you even believe that Jen and I are running at all??? Say hi to Thad for me! And Munchkin Baby too. :) K

    ReplyDelete