Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Near Miss

NYC is dangerous.

First I want to say - I really do try to save money. I truly do. As such this morning I decided to go to Duane Reade and buy cans of Diet Coke to keep at my desk. I was going to buy a six pack. It's cheaper than spending like $4 a day on soda.

I suppose the real solution is giving it up entirely but I am not there yet.

I walked into the store and went to grab a basket. They were stacked about 7 feet high.

And they almost came crashing down on top of me. Shook me up a bit. Then there was much drama with the cashiers helping me pick them up. Craziness.

Then I saw that they had 2 12 packs for $7. Score! I only have to walk a block so it wouldn't be so bad. As I loaded 2 packs into the basket of death one of the cashiers let me know they don't have any shopping bags.

Really Duane Reade?

So I wound up at McDonald's buying a $2 fountain soda.

It seemed more dramatic when it happened than it does when I recounted it!

Anyway - here's something I know is not all that exciting. My breakfast:



Back at lunch. If I avoid further calamities that is.

2 comments:

  1. How could they not have shopping bags? What is that about???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not the first time this has happened to me either. When I shop closer to home I typically bring reusable bags with me but not when I'm on my way to work. It's fine. I walked out and bought nothing. I'm sure they'll live without my 7 bucks but it's really ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete