Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chickened Out

I feel right now like I can't eat another piece of chicken. As a result - and because I feel like I ate my weight yesterday anyway - I took out some stir fry strips of steak and made myself a salad for dinner.

I marinated the steak strips in a mix of shallots, fresh garlic, baslamic and a splash of Worcestershire sauce while it defrosted. Since I was dead set on cleaning my apartment today (kitchen included) I could not bring myself to drag out the Foreman to grill it. I put it in a pan and browned it really quick - for just a few minutes.



Then I put it to the side wrapped in foil. I took the marinade put it in the same pan brought it to a boil and then lowered the heat. I let it reduce for about 10 minutes - till it was nice and syrupy.



Meanwhile - 10 min before that I put an ear of corn I got at the Farmer's Market in the oven at 500 degrees.




I turned off the oven and let it sit in there while I ate my delicious salad.



spinach, baslamic reduction, roasted tomatoes, steak and ricotta salata.

And I know red is better with steak - but I had a white wine spritzer + another .5



And then the corn with about a tablespoon of buttter and some salt. So deliciously sweet.



I've got brunch tomorrow to celebrate my parents' 40th anniversary. Should be another great day.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend too! See you in the AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment