Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hungry?

First let me tell you I never forget to eat. EVER.

I might not get around to eating - but I'm never someone who thinks "Oh look at that - it's 8:30. Did I have dinner yet?"

It's more like "Oh look at that. I haven't eaten. It's 8:30. I better get on it."

Just so you know.

Anyway I wasn't very hungry this afternoon. I had some pretzels and hummus when I came home from the office (which - turns out - was a complete waste of time today - the person who was scheduled to tape cancelled last minute).

I didn't want to cook. I had taken out a piece of tilapia but I just didn't wanna. So look for that tomorrow.

Quick, easy, one pot, some sort of vegetable (I know. This is pushing it but humor me) = TJ's Dumplings/Pot Stickers w/some teriyaki sauce.




(I really need to learn how to use this new camera when it's darker out. I read the manual but I can't get a handle on it. Grrr.)
And then - as a "I lost a pound!" treat I had this:



This is the peanut butter indulgence brownie my mom bought me at Sweet Melissa on Sunday.



I ate about a third of it.



It had peanut brittle in it - which was a little too much for me. Some people are turned off by things that have too much chocolate but for me there is no such thing. I'd like these more with just the chocolate and peanut butter and ganache I think.

Maybe I should try and make them sometime.

And bring them to work or give them away so I don't eat them all.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the never forgetting to eat thing! My fiance will literally be like, wow - it's 10:30pm and I can't remember if I ate dinner. It's like - how is that even remotely possible? I...I...I dont even know what to say about it because I am so far from understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I always am aware of what I do - or don't eat. Which is a good thing I guess - but it's still strange when people say they forget.

    Maybe they're lying. ;)

    ReplyDelete