Monday, September 28, 2009

Unfocused

I went to work today without my glasses.

I have like 20/30 vision maybe 20/40. Point is in itself it's not debilitating.

But I also have an astigmatism. Everything is blurry.

I had to leave work and go home in order to be able to function while staring at a computer - so that's where I'm working now.

Lemme backtrack to last evening and tell you what I made for dinner.

Pasta with Meat Sauce
(Made with ground turkey - mostly just because my supermarket was completely out of ground beef)

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 large clove garlic minced
1 lb ground turkey
1.5 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1.5 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 bay leaves
1/4 cup red wine
1 tbsp parmesan (I added a chunk and then grated a bit more in later)
1/4 cup fresh basil - chopped

(I think that's it!)





Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil.


Add turkey....




Cook through till brown...er...gray. It tastes good. I promise!!






Add tomato sauce and paste. Clean out can with red wine.




Add spices.



And cheese.



And fresh basil.




Simmer for about an hour. Boil pasta based on package directions. Serve with more grated cheese and a tablespoon of part-skim ricotta. And I bought a loaf of bread - froze most of it and made a little wedge to a)test the sauce and b) eat on the side.



I have plenty left over and enough sauce to freeze for later.

And then there's today. I ate an English for breakfast - then I came home and ate the following:



Gym in a few hours then another yummy dinner since I am home in time to cook it.

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment