Sunday, February 7, 2010

Are you ready for some football?

I say that like I actually follow it.

I don't really. At all. :) But I will follow my friends to a bar right near my apartment.

No problem there!!

In honor of my friend Melissa I will be rooting for the Saints and also hoping to win the "How many Fleur de Lis will Mel be wearing?" contest.



Let's see. The report is the date was good. Well thought out and planned (you don't know what it's like to have to do all the planning when YOUR JOB is to plan stuff) so he scored major points for that.

OH! And I flat out told him (when the subject of the text came up) what I thought went on there and he said no. Not at all. So I guess maybe I had it wrong. Still cautious but until I have reason to think differently I'll choose to believe him.

So...here's where we went - and what we ate. Luckily he thinks my taking pictures of food is 'cute'. Alas - I forgot my point and shoot so these are via my cell phone.

The place was definitely cozy and completely cute. I hadn't had lunch and was STARVING!



I loved the little touches, like this bottle of water.



We split two appetizers, grilled calamari with cannelini beans and crabcake with green apple and celery root. Both were yummy.





And also a bottle of Pinot Noir.



He had the Tagliatelle with Lamb Shank Ragot. I had the special Pomegranate Glazed Short Ribs with cheesy potatoes on the side. I have half hanging out in my fridge.




I loved the cute little cast iron pan.



And peppermint tea and dark chocolate sorbet for dessert.




It was all delightful.

After dinner - it was REALLY early - we went to a wine bar for another drink (or 2 in his case). No pictures - because it was way too dark in there. But it was a nice place and the wine was fabulous.

So...all and all it seems things might be looking up in the "I'm going to die alone" department. :)

I toyed with the idea of going to Zumba - but I'm sore from running the last two days so I think I'll go again on Thursday. If I can get this place in order I might try to do the Fluidity thingy. I'm 99.9% there. Just have to scrub the bathroom today.

To get a good start on (likely) an evening of drinking I ate this for breakfast.



One sunny side up egg on a slice of homemade whole wheat, 1 slice of bacon and extra sharp cheddar.

So that's that. I hope you all have a fun Super Bowl Sunday whatever you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment