Monday, February 8, 2010

Metrazur (and leftovers)...

Good evening!!

I've had a weird sort of day. I totally forgot that Kimpton Hotels was taking my team out to lunch today! We went to Metrazur (in Grand Central Station) and had a very delicious lunch.



My luncheon companions were treated to me taking pictures of my lunch (and theirs too! They were great sports!)

First - what I had:

The soup of the day - Butternut Squash with Bacon, Creme Fraiche and Pumpkin Seeds



CRAB & LOBSTER CAKE
MANGO, FRISÉE SHAVED & RADISH SALAD, BRIOCHE "MELBA", LEMON BUTTER NAGE



My obsession with them is still going on apparently.

What those next to me noshed on. Note: Metrazur has a great $25 lunch special. and the service and food was all fantastic.

BABY LETTUCE
ENDIVE, BABY HEIRLOOM TOMATOES, RED ONIONS, CILANTRO, SPICY PLANTAIN CROUTONS



HAND CUT AHI TUNA TARTARE
CAPER BERRIES, AVOCADO, PECORINO SOTTO VINO, TARO CRISP



PARSNIP RISOTTO
BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS, SNOW PEAS, SHAVED PARMESAN



Speaking of short ribs - I had my leftovers for dinner. I added a teensy bit of goat cheese to the potatoes and put it over a bed of spinach. The pomegranate sauce from the short ribs made a perfect dressing.



I walked home from lunch today and then did 40 minutes of hill walking at the gym. I'm now showered and fed and watching The Bachelor.

Tomorrow is my...sigh...very very very very long day. And I have to be in the office on Wednesday so no rest for the weary.

It'll be fine. That just means I'll be home on Friday.

Sleep well. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment