Thursday, February 18, 2010

Top of the World

looking down on creation and the only explanation I can find. Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around...

Sorry. I was having a Carpenters moment.

It happens sometimes.

I've been known to bust out Rainy Days and Mondays at karaoke.

Anyway - my cheesy musical taste? Not the point of the post!

I went to a very fun and interesting event at Top of the Rock tonight. It was to showcase their event space.

But first I met a coworker (and former coworker) at Eamonn's for a bite and some drinks.

I had a glass of Pinot and some apps.



Then it was off to the event. These things can be so iffy. They can be full of elderly travel agents or full of fashionistas like the event tonight. I swear the 80s exploded in this place.

The DJ was amazing. The perfect mix of old and new. I want to steal his iTunes.

They gave me this the second I walked in.



But I didn't really like it - and just had a sip or two.

The view really is quite amazing.




Top of the Rock was decked out in red featuring dresses from the American Heart Association Red Dress Campaign.








And flowers...



The bars were flanked with the most amazing roses and black feathers. This picture doesn't do it justice at all.



And now - my dinner. A chicken finger - a piece of shrimp and a few tortilla chips pictured above plus the following:

Porcini Risotto Cake



BBQ Short Rib


Lobster Club


Mini Burger - I had two and got so full that I then missed out on the Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup! Must have for lunch tomorrow!!



Kettle and Cranberry x 2.5 - Patti twisted my arm!!!



Strawberry Milkshake (did not drink - just wanted a dessert pic!)


All in all it was a very fun night.

And now - I'm for bed. See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment