Sunday, February 14, 2010

Singles Night

Good evening fair readers. Sorry I have been MIA today. Lots to report since yesterday.

Quickly - here was my lunch from Saturday - ham and swiss on a sandwich thin with some Red Hot Blues on the side.



Last night I was supposed to just hang out with Jen and watch episodes of Life, Unexpected (love it by the way) but my mom, who was out with my dad, aunt and uncle at a pub around the corner called to tell me my uncle met some old coworkers there that were male and single and I should come and meet them for a drink.

Since I haven't heard from a certain someone since I contacted him myself on Wednesday I figured what would I have to lose? So I fixed myself up and went.

Apparently they were having a Singles Night as well. There were 4 of us there. At least it was evenly matched!!

No love connection but it was fun except I drank waaay too much. Shots are never, ever necessary and I only had 1!!!! I'll spare you the details but in the end it wasn't pretty.

AT ALL.

Still it was good to take an opportunity and get myself out there. I can't complain I'm not meeting people if I choose to stay home when given the chance to go out.

Before I left I had some delicious dinner of takeout from Wild Fig.



I got a shrimp pide - which is basically an oval shaped pizza. Twas delicious.



Jen and I split some hummus as well. So good.



My plate - plus another slice of pide when all was said and done.




I'll be back soon with tales of brunch (amazing!) and dinner (ditto).

Be back in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment