Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Another day down



Full disclosure:

This is how I ended my day yesterday. I had a ramekin full of ice cream with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.




There. I feel better now.

When I uploaded the dinner pics I realized those were still on the camera. I never posted them this morning.

Anyway...

I'm not the type of person who likes to use excuses. OK. That's not entirely accurate. I guess I don't like to admit that hormones or some outside force could be making me munchie.

Maybe that's all this is. A PMS induced mini-binge.

That's another word I hate to use. Because I am not a binge eater. I've read blogs written by people who have issues with that and it seems to be a crippling and terrifying way to live.

That's not what's happening to me here and to call it such a thing could make the issues of those who are truly binge eaters seem trivial. I would never want to do that. I have my issues with food - for sure - but they are not nearly as severe as all that.

I'm very blessed in that regard.

Anyway - the point is this afternoon I was bound and determined to buy pretzels from the vending machine. I even borrowed some change from my coworker to do it.

And then the machine ate some of my change.

So I asked her for more.

And then it happened again.

So I bought .75 worth of chocolate covered almonds instead.

Sigh. I'm so scattered lately. I spent 20 minutes earlier looking from my cell phone. It had slid under my couch (???). I called it about 7 times before I could pinpoint where it was.

Sigh squared.

I walked home (ended at 6.7 miles today) and changed and went to the gym. I did 45 minutes of incline walking. The last minute I ran on a 10.4 incline. It about killed me but I think it's good practice for the 5K.

I came home and had a snack.



More honey wheat and hummus

Then made some dinner.

Baked Ziti

1/2 cup tomato basil sauce
1 cup whole wheat pasta (cooked)
1 tbsp part-skim ricotta
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 boccaccini (sliced)
1 tbsp grated parmesan
a dash of crushed red pepper
Fresh ground pepper to taste


I put some water on to boil and cooked some pasta - al dente.



I chopped up some parsley.




Then mixed it with the ricotta.



Mixed that with the sauce.



And some spices:



Boiled the pasta and layered the sauce and penne in a casserole dish. Topped with mozzarella, parmesan and garnish.






Baked for about 12 min at 375.




I ate it all. The second small serving I added some roasted asparagus. I should have put more veggies in it. It was yummy.

I think I'm going to make another batch of that sauce. I am out of it now and it freezes really well. Maybe tomorrow when I work from home.

Dessert was some Newman's Alphabet Cookies and some skim milk with Midnight Moo.




I am feeling satisfied at the moment. FINALLY! I'm going to brush my teeth soon. That usually stops me from eating anything more.

Tomorrow: Breakfast, Gym, Weigh In.

In that order.

See you then.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm heading back to college and starting to cook for one again and seeing this meal really cheered me up! Cooking for one can be an art! That is a gorgeous dish of pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't beat yourself up - we ALL go through this. And, as much as we HATE to admit it, hormones do play a part in all this I'm afraid. Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lele - It took me a long time to figure out how to make my portions smaller. I used to waste so much food! If you have more than a microwave at school I don't think there's any reason you can't cook and even with that - I think there are still things you can make. Good luck and thanks!

    Thanks jocie!! I feel much better today. We'll see if that stays true once I weigh in. ;) But you're right. Thank you, really. I appreciate the pep talk!

    ReplyDelete