Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Steamy

I wore my pedometer today. If it's working right I walked a lot. It was about 1.75 miles to the office, then I walked about a mile while at the office, plus another 1.75 walking home.

I was dragging but I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill (random program - level 20) for 45 minutes increasing speed every 15 minutes. For the last minute I ran at 5.5 on an 8.something incline.

It felt good.

So all together these legs have covered close to 8 miles. That's pretty great.

I came home and had a nice steamy shower then went and steamed my dinner.



I wanted some veggies but did not want to cook. I love these pot stickers (that I steamed and didn't let stick to the pot) for that!



With just a few dashes of low sodium soy and a chopped scallion. Much prettier than my lunch.



While I ate I watched my boys try and win another one.



I had a glass of chocolate milk and some alphabet cookies for dessert. A perfect way to end the day.

Catch you in the AM. It's Weigh In Wednesday.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I wear my pedometer all day. Each night I record my steps and zero it out. Then it sits on my bedside table and even if I get up in the middle of the night, it goes on.

    You've often mentioned that you walked to rehearsal and mentioned the miles and I always think "If she's walking x miles there, she's getting a hell of a lot of steps in." It's often the little things like walking all the aisles as you grocery shop that you don't think about, but they add up!

    Sometime you should tell us your number of steps for a day instead of miles! :)

    Kev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alrighty! I'm wearing it today actually to find out how much I'll walk to and from Zumba now that I've switched offices. I'll give you an update tonight.

    ReplyDelete