Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lunch at The Plaza



Lunch was fun. I caught up with some former co-workers. I'm happy to say The Plaza has still kept it's charm since the renovation. The Oak Room looks beautiful.

The talk was good - the presenters seemed to focus a lot of self promotion but there was some good info on getting the most out of social media. I'll probably use it more for the blog than I will for work.

My company has a marketing department that I am sure takes care of that stuff.

In any event - here's the scoop - so you'll feel like you were there too. :)

Here is Eloise. She lives in The Plaza.



Lucky girl.

This is the famous Palm Court. It's closed right now and that makes me sad.



This is Marilyn. They have some great prints blown up and scattered around the hotel. It really highlights the history of the place.



What? Where's lunch you ask? I was just about to get to it.

First, some bread.



I ate about 3/4 of a piece of the foccacia and 1/2 a popover. The foccacia was worth it - the popover? Not so much.

Oh wait. That wasn't exactly first. First, some prosecco.



They served wine all during lunch but I just had this itty bitty glass.

Here's the menu so you can see the full descriptions.




Salad was first.



I'm strange I guess in that I really don't like a lot of salad dressing. It feels soggy to me. Then again - I don't like really crunchy greens either.

Let's face it. I'm a mystery wrapped up in an enigma.

The goat cheese was yummy though. I love goat cheese.

Here's some halibut.



It was poached so I had to douse it with pepper but it had a lovely citrus-y sauce and the potatoes underneath were really yummy.


For dessert - an Almond Joy Napolean.



COME ON.

I didn't like it at all.



No gym for me today. My leg feels better but I decided to take a day and just rest. Also I did not feel like having to shower again tonight. It's annoying. Tomorrow is Zumba so I know I'll get a workout AND some extra walking in. I walked a little more today anyway - the almost 20 blocks to The Plaza and back (so an extra 40 total).

My dinner was simple but really delicious - if I do say so myself.

Don't worry. I'll tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment