Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Something's Fishy




So - first things first. I weighed in. Annnnd - I'm down a pound. I guess the exercise and extra walking saves me from days of muchie attacks.

Anyway - I'm really excited. And happy. And all good things. YAY! That brings me to about 54 pounds gone total.

I made the most delicious lunch today. I have to eat up as many of these veggies as I can. I forgot I'm going out to dinner tonight. More on that later.

Cornmeal Encrusted Tilapia over Mixed Greens

For the crust:

1/4 cup of cornmeal
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp Ken's Light Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

2 cups of spring mix + baby spinach
1 tbsp shredded carrot
1 tsp chopped bell pepper
juice of 1/2 a lemon




I doused the tilapia in the dressing then in the cornmeal mix.



Placed in a greased baking dish and spray with more cooking spray.



Bake for 25 min at 375 (if filet is frozen - 10-12 if fish is fresh)



I served it over greens with a potato and steamed broccoli on the side. Oh - and some light sour cream too.



It was really, really good. The dressing made the fish slightly sweet - and the cayenne gave it a little heat. I'm very impressed with myself right about now.

Just a few more hours and then I'm headed out to dinner with a bunch of friends/colleagues. Philip Marie has invited us to dinner to see their event space.

I'll be back - with as many pictures as I can manage.

Have a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment