Monday, August 24, 2009

Lazy Monday

I'm tired. Traveling always takes a little bit out of me and family things always have the potential to be a bit stressful even under the best of circumstances. I took a day off from everything but work today.

The gym will still be there tomorrow morning (if I'm up early enough - if not - tomorrow night!)

Tonight I picked up a few things from the store on the way home. They didn't have boccaccini but they had ricotta salata. I love ricotta salata.

Whenever I want to cook but am feeling sloth-y I make it a pasta night. This recipe made 2.5 ish servings.

Pasta with Veggies in White Wine, Garlic and Oil

Ingredients:




1 cup cooked whole wheat penne (according to package directions) (reserve 1 ladle's worth of water for sauce)

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken tenders, diced
1 cup chopped asparagus
1/2 cup broccoli
1/4 cup roasted tomatoes
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 oz. mozzarella cheese, diced
1/2 tablespoon grated ricotta salata
1/2 tablespoon grated parmesan
2 splashes dry white wine


Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil.



Add chicken and cook through. Deglaze a bit with the wine.



Add veggies. I put the lid on here and set my timer for a minute and a half to steam them and let the tomatoes reconstitute a little.



Toss together with the chopped basil and red pepper.



Add cheese and eat up.





And if you want to follow up this dinner by eating about 10 dark chocolate covered pretzels you might be copying me completely.

Maybe.

It's entirely possible.

Off to rest up for tomorrow! I don't like skipping the gym two days in a row.

Have a lovely night.

No comments:

Post a Comment