Monday, August 3, 2009

Pseudo Paella

Tonight's dinner was made from a collection of leftovers. It was one of the best leftover dinners I've ever had. Truly.

I walked home (the weather here is amazing - not humid, not hot - just...summer) and then went to the gym. I ran for about a half hour - walked for about 15 minutes with a 6 minute cool down for 4 miles total.

Then I came home again, had a quick snack of pretzels and hummus while I tried to figure out exactly what to make for dinner.

Here's the final result:

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 red bell pepper chopped
1 tsp chopped parsely
1 scallion (green portion) chopped
4 medium shrimp
2 oz roasted chicken
1/3 cup peas
1/3 cup dry white wine
Salt and pepper to taste


I sauteed some onion and garlic in a pan with olive oil. I added the shrimp, then the peppers.



I deglazed with a little white wine - also leftover from the weekend at the hotel.



Then added the chicken, rice, peas, parsley and scallions:



Everything old is new again.





If you find things in your fridge in a similar state give it a try. It didn't taste like leftovers at all. The herbs and the fresh pepper and shrimp gave it a new life. It really was amazingly delicious.

If I do say so myself. :)

Hope you're having a lovely evening! See you in the morning...see you in the evening...see you in the summertime...

Does anyone else remember that movie??

No comments:

Post a Comment