Friday, August 14, 2009

"Homemade" Pizza and a 5K. (kinda)

A lot and nothing has happened this evening. I've gotten a lot accomplished but I haven't done anything all that exciting.

I finished up work and because I was in a bit of a stressed out mood took myself to the gym where I basically ran a 5K.

I KNOW!! [/Monica]

I am planning on running the Race for the Cure on September 13th. So I've been working towards building myself up to that. Typically I stop and walk in between but tonight I powered through it. And I did it. I ended up at over 3 miles in about 32 ish minutes.

So I have no excuses. I know that treadmill running is different than outdoor running but if I can make the race in less than 40 minutes I will be a really happy camper.

I ate a snack:



Honey wheat pretzels with two wedges of Laughing Cow Light Swiss

I did tons of laundry and then made some dinner. I had to take a second shower (I took one after the gym) because our laundry room is so damn hot.

And now has this fly catcher in the middle of it since it is near the garbage.

SO. GROSS.

OK this is the absolute wrong moment to talk about my dinner but there you go. That's me!

I say that I made homemade pizza and it is - sort of. The dough is not homemade but the sauce was.

I started with Trader Joe's whole wheat dough. I freeze this and then thaw it when I need it.



Once it thawed most of the way through I then put it in a bowl with a little olive oil for a bit.



Then I rolled it out on the pizza stone.



And added some toppings:



Onion, some cubanelle pepper, boccaccini, parmesan, my homemade tomato basil sauce and also some regular part-skim mozzarella (grated), part-skim ricotta and crushed red pepper (not pictured)

Here it is before the oven:



And here it is after:





I ate about a third and it was absolutely delicious.



Dessert was a few dark chocolate pretzels. Nothing fancy.

If you want to attempt this pizza yourself - here are the basic ingredients.

Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Dough
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup tomato basil sauce
Half a cubanelle pepper (sliced)
1 slice of onion
2 tbsp part-skim ricotta
1 boccaccini, sliced
1 tbsp grated parmesan
1 tbsp grated part-skim mozzarella
Salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste

Bake at 425 for about 20 min or until cheese bubbles a bit
Makes 6-8 slices.

If you're a piggy like me - it makes 6!

Tomorrow I think I'm going to go to Zumba again. Then I'm spending the rest of the afternoon with my mom and sister who are coming in from LI. We'll have dinner (and maybe even lunch) out so stay tuned for some restaurant pics.

Now I have to go make my bed before I can sleep in it. UGH. Laundry day has it's downside.

Sleep well! See you in the AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment