Sunday, August 2, 2009

(Lengthy) Recap

Wow! So much to catch up on.

Last time on SS - I was going to Zumba - which I did. I walked there (2.5 miles)then took a class where 2 people snuck in without checking in at the desk. This always makes Ben reallly mad and he made us do three really intense combinations without stopping for water breaks. But I got a great workout.

Then I heard my friends were running late - so I walked back home to shower (another 2.5 miles). I was starving on the way home and stopped at a stand for a hot pretzel with mustard. I made my way back uptown (cheating by taking the subway part of the way) and then went for lunch.

First there was wine, a glass of Pinot Grigio. My friend Kelly says I originally ordered White Zinfandel (I cannot believe this is true. Even when I was younger I NEVER drank that. EVER.) Full disclosure: I had about 5 glasses total yesterday but spread out over time.



We spilt an appetizer platter - I had a sliver of a potato skin, 1/2 a mozzarella stick and a piece of chicken.



I split a burger with my friend Kate (which was great because of my unexpected run in with the hot pretzel cart earlier)



And split a brownie sundae 4 ways.



We did a little shopping. I bought the cutest dress and then promptly returned it. a) I have absolutely no business spending money. b)The 10 fit but was tight and I am not buying anything else in a size 12 when I can button up a 10. Still really cute.

Then since we were staying on the Concierge level we went to grab some hors d'oeuvres before dinner. No pics but I had 2 bacon wrapped bay scallops, a couple of pieces of cheese and 2 pita wedges with hummus.

And another glass of wine.

Then came dinner.



We went to the Redeye Grill which was fantastic. First we had some chips and guacamole. It was fresh and delicious.



They are famous for their Dancing Shrimp so I decided on that:



Crazy presentation!! I ordered 4 shrimp. The skewered pineapple was so sweet. Delicious.



With some grilled veggies on the side.



Some more Pinot Grigio.



And another split sundae for dessert.



This one was to die for. Chocolate and vanilla ice cream, chunks of chocolate ganache, hot fudge and fresh whipped cream. So good.

This morning we went to grab some continental breakfast. I forgot my Blackberry but rest assured I had a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter and a cup of hot cocoa.

I walked home in the rain so my clothes are drying out again. Hope you all had a great weekend too.

I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment