Monday, August 17, 2009

Cheesy Chicken and Rice



Ugh.

I'm having a bit of a day. Nothing happened at all - but I was cranky and uncomfortable all day long.

And snacky.

I brought a ziploc baggie of cashews and edamame to work and ate the whole thing throughout the day. It was supposed to last until at least tomorrow. I'm not sure what it is. I don't think I got enough protein between breakfast and lunch for one thing maybe.

I came home and had to wait for the chicken to defrost (I hate defrosting in the microwave). So I ate the following while waiting. Nothing was quite right and nothing was enough.

a serving of pita chips
about a quarter cup of hummus
about 8 honey wheat pretzels
4 chocolate covered pretzels
2 hunks of parmesan cheese (about an ounce and a half I'd guess)
1/2 a whole wheat sandwich thin - toasted - w/a smear of whipped butter
2 small glasses of wine = about a glass if I was really pouring like I usually do


I took a day off from the gym and finally made dinner. SIGH.

Forgive the lackluster cooking coverage. I need to go to bed early I think.

Ingredients:

About a tablespoon of chopped peppers - red, yellow and orange.
About a handful of frozen peas (this was supposed to be broccoli - but I steamed some yesterday and it didn't hold well in the fridge)
3/4 cup cooked brown rice
About a tablespoon of chopped onion
A teaspoon of fresh parsley - chopped
3 oz roasted chicken breast (skinnles + boneless)cubed
1 tsp whipped butter
1/8 cup dry white wine
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp grated parmesan
S&P to taste


Sautee the peppers and onion on med heat in olive oil and butter until softened.



Deglaze with white wine. Add the rice, peas and parsley. Add half the cheese.



Then toss with the chicken and add more cheese on top.



Hopefully tomorrow will be better - and much less snacktastic.

Have a lovely evening one and all!

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up - we all have days like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jocie! You're so right. I know. I just hate when I can't figure out why I'm stuffing my face you know? Looking back it wasn't that bad - but I didn't like feeling like I was snacking endlessly at all.

    ReplyDelete