Thursday, August 20, 2009

Where's Meghan?



Well. It was certainly a wine dinner. I can tell you that much.

Where to begin?

We started out at the Cowgirl Hall of Fame . On my walk there I found $10 on the sidewalk!! SCORE! I picked it up, looked around to see if anyone would claim it and a guy a few feet behind me shrugged and said "It's yours now!"

As such I was able to buy 2 margaritas for the price of one (I drank one - bought one for Meghan) without dipping into my wallet.

I would have bought her one anyway though!

Then we went off to Philip Marie for a really delicious dinner. It was a great time with a great group of women.

I think I invited them all to celebrate my birthday with me.

Not even kidding.

The room we were in was very cozy but great. It was a kitchen that the owners unearthed when they opened the restaurant. It dates back to the 1700's. They also have a tiny little room for 2 that also used to be part of a speakeasy.

You might note a theme in the pictures that follow. Seems someone wanted to be featured on the blog today. :)

My former cubemate/coworker/one time hotel suitemate Meghan is transferring to our Philadelphia office. :( It will not be the same without her. This dinner was completely separate from Meghan's going away but we decided to take the opportunity and celebrate last night. It was fun.

And yes there was wine. Oh was there wine!

The menu...





We started with champagne.



And some crusty bread with olive oil. I ate 2 pieces.



My first course was the Whole Grain Spring Salad. I ate about 1/3. It was really filling.



Quinoa, Baby Organic Spinach, Parsley, Grape Tomatoes, Orange Wedges, Fennel, Roasted Red Pepper Dressing

Second course: Steamed Chardonnay Prince Edward Island Mussels:



I really like mussels if you haven't guessed yet. The only one I didn't eat was one that did not open.

And some wine:



Main course: Pan Seared Mallard Duck Breast. I left about 3 slices of the duck.



served with Potato Mushroom Hash, Peach Brandy Sauce

And some more wine:



I shared my dessert with my colleage Christina. We both couldn't decide which we wanted. Win/Win.

Warm Brownie Sundae. My plate didn't look as pretty as...someone elses ;) so I took a pic of hers instead. I ate 2-3 bites.



Artisanal Cheese Plate. I tried the cheddar and the parmigianno reggiano.



I was so stuffed though at this point.

There was more wine with dessert but it was way too sweet for me.

Besides. I think I had quite enough.

Bon voyage dear Meghan. I wish you nothing but the best!



And a HUGE thanks to Thao and of course to Charity at Philip Marie for organizing a great night!

This brings us to this morning. I ate this with a Diet Coke/Tylenol chaser.



I'm going to do some work and then go to the gym for a quick workout. This afternoon will be filled with some pampering and dinner out on LI. I'm pretty sure I'll be packing a sandwich to eat on the train.

See you later. Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Hee hee - I love that your PB English muffin is on a paper plate.

    54 pounds?! You're awesome! Congrats!

    Just found your blog - looking forward to poking around a bit. Live vicariously through your meals out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shan!

    Yeah - well. That's how I roll.

    Thank you!! It's taken a lot of work but I'm pretty proud of myself right about now.

    Thanks for stopping by. Poking about is calorie free so...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dinner is huge! Often restaurants give you such teeny portions, but that's a lot. I usually take home half of the entree, but eat the salad and whatever else, but there was so much of the "whatever else" there, and I'd be embarassed to ask for a doggy bag for salads and such.

    I like your friend poking her face in the pics. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit! I spelled "embarrassed" wrong but it didn't tell me until it was posting. I always have trouble with that word.

    ReplyDelete