Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Kicks

I was in my pajamas by 3:30 this afternoon.

Just wanted to get that out there.

It's not like I never left the apartment. I was out from 8-11 then again from 12-2.

Still it seems a little strange.

I would now like to present - my new running shoes!!!!



I walked almost 7 miles running errands today (2.5 of which was walked in my new shoes). Then I had to take them out for a real spin. I went to the gym and ran 2 miles in about 22 minutes.

They. Are. Awesome.

Really. I'm not just saying that. I can't believe I've waited so long to buy good shoes for exercising. The last pair I bought I got on the sale rack at DSW. I think they are Saucony cross trainers. The last time I bought sneakers was probably 6years ago. Yeah. That's what I've been wearing all these months to exercise. I'm surprised I didn't hurt myself.

Man. Sneakers are expensive. But thanks to my Healthy Rewards from work I got a Lady Foot Locker gift card.

Because I had the gift card I went and splurged on these gel inserts as well.

After shoe shopping I had some leftover pizza and a handful of chocolate edamame. It held me over really well. I didn't start dinner till nearly 8 PM.

Earlier I had a white wine spritzer.



Heavy on the wine, easy on the spritzer. Still refreshing.

I prepped a bunch of veggies for the week, started my salad for lunch tomorrow. Last night I was craving a burger so I decided to have that tonight.




The oven fries are 140 calories and 5g of fat for 28 pieces. I had it on a whole wheat bun with 1 boccaccini sliced, some spinach and raw onion.



And some garlicky pickles.

Plus some roasted asparagus to get some veggies in.




I'm obviously already ready for bed (have been since this afternoon!) and am looking forward to the premiere of Mad Men tonight. I've missed Don and Betty and Pete and Peggy and of course Joan.

Oh I how I love Joan.

I'm going to mix myself martini in anticipation (or maybe just clean up my kitchen). Have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment